Welcome to Grand Ledge Public Schools
Grand Ledge Public Schools educates approximately 5,300 students in grades K-12.
Located on the west side of Lansing, the school district offers distinguished student achievement, exemplary instruction and award-winning performing arts and athletics. New computers, wireless classrooms, and advanced technology provide students with superior learning opportunities.
Points of Pride
- Established in 1886, the Grand Ledge Public Schools district has a rich history of academic excellence, school spirit and community pride, and community partnerships.
- Extensive family/community involvement in our schools, including parent-teacher associations, community advisory and booster groups.
- Award winning instrumental and vocal music programs with a statewide reputation for excellence.
- Strong sports programs (22 varsity sports for boys and girls) including 2008 and 2009 MHSAA State Championship in girls' gymnastics. Other MHSAA State Championships were earned in football, baseball and boys' golf.
- Grand Ledge students excel academically both at the state and national levels with over 90% of students continuing their education after graduation.
- A Standard and Poors Report "Best Buy"!
- Profile: The district covers an area of 125 square miles centered 10 miles west of Lansing, Michigan's state capital. Included within the school district are the City of Grand Ledge and a large portion of Delta Township plus the villages of Delta Mills, Mulliken, Wacousta, and Eagle. The school district is mainly in Eaton County but also takes in portions of Clinton and Ionia Counties. The schools of Grand Ledge are shifting to an early childhood center, four elementary schools (K-4), one intermediate school (5-6), one middle school (7-8), and one high school (9-12) in the 2021-2022 school year.
- School district population: 31,000
- Annual Budget: $50,633,000
- Per Pupil Funding Rate - 2015-2016 (from State of MI): $7,391
- Accreditation:Accredited by the State of Michigan with an "A" rating for the 2008-09 school year, the highest rating awarded to public school districts.
- Neff Kindergarten: 477
- Beagle Elementary: 535
- Delta Center Elementary: 618
- Wacousta Elementary: 526
- Willow Ridge Elementary: 492
- Hayes Middle School: 830
- Grand Ledge High School: 1,778