We have what looks to be a beautiful fall weekend ahead of us! I hope you have the opportunity to get outside and enjoy the weather.
Back in September, we launched our FAQ page to help provide information, transparency, and answers to questions we received from families and community members. We also committed to updating it periodically as we had new questions or concerns surface. To those ends, we have recently added some questions and answers, and we invite you to go to GLcomets.net/faq to find the new information we have added. These new questions, and answers, include:
- How do I make sure I will get text messages from my school and the district (like for snow days or bus cancelations)?
- How does a school budget process work?
- Where can I find information about GLPS’s 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 budgets?
- What is the GLPS fund balance (or “rainy day fund”) and what has it been in the past?
- How many students have attended Grand Ledge Public Schools in the past few years?
- What are the average class sizes in Grand Ledge Public Schools?
We also updated the following FAQ with some additional clarification and directions:
- What books does GLPS have in its building libraries?
We hope this page helps to keep you informed about elements of the district that matter to you, and we hope you will continue to ask good questions. If you have questions or concerns that you would like to see added or addressed, please don’t hesitate to let us know. After all, one of the key belief statements in our strategic plan says, “We believe in partnerships between the family, community, and education stakeholders for the success of GLPS," and we can’t have strong partnerships without a common understanding of key pieces of our school district.
Thank you, as always, for your support; #proudtobeacomet!
Dr. Bill Barnes
Superintendent of Schools