Dear Beagle Middle Families,
Here are some updates that we wanted to share at this time:
Parent/Teacher Conferences: Please look for communication from Mrs. Jennie Hernandez regarding our upcoming, virtual parent/teacher conferences utilizing Zoom. Please reach out to Mrs. McMillan, secretary, if you have any issues or concerns signing up for conferences at email@example.com.
Elective Change Requests: We have had several students requesting to have their elective courses changed, and we are informing our students that we are not able to honor elective course change requests for upcoming trimesters. We wanted to pass along this same message to our parents. We appreciate your support and understanding.
Boys’ Basketball Tryouts: Boys’ basketball tryouts will be next week on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday here at Beagle Middle. 8th grade will be from 3-5pm; 7th grade 5-7pm. Students need to enter through the cafeteria doors, head West through the cafe', go through the old gym to the new gym, and then look for coaching staff. Students trying out must have a sports physical on file dated on or after April 15th 2023. Students that do not have a sports physical on file can either bring one into the main office before tryouts, or they may bring the physical to the first evening of tryouts. Students without a current sports physical will not be allowed to tryout.
PTO Sponsored Fall Festival Dance:
Our fall dance will be held on Friday, October 27th from 2:45-4:30 pm.
- Wristbands, $10, sold the day of the dance during both lunches
- No costumes
- Informal, laid back, come as you are
- Students may walk home as it will still be light outside when the dance is over.
- Parents, please ensure prompt pick-up after the dance. Students are expected to be picked up by no later than 4:45pm.
- Pizza will be provided to students at no charge
- Buses will run at normal time; bus riders should network with friends to arrange transportation home.
- Students that receive formal discipline beginning Monday, October 16th up to the dance will not be allowed to attend.
We will continue to communicate with students regarding dance logistics and expectations via morning and lunch announcements.
We thank our parent volunteers and PTO members, in advance, for supporting this amazing opportunity for our students.
PTO Meetings: The Hayes/Beagle PTO meetings will be hosted here at Beagle Middle School in our media center. Parents should enter through the cafeteria doors as they are open for athletic events. The media center is located in the first hallway to the left once in the cafeteria. Meetings are held from 6:30-7:30 pm. The next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 14. We greatly appreciate parent support and participation at these meetings. In addition, please follow the Hayes & Beagle PTO Facebook page for more information and updates regarding upcoming events.
Students of the Week: To view our Students’ of the Week, please click here https://www.glcomets.net/ourschools/beagle-middle-school/studentoftheweek/. Please note that Students’ of the Week are updated to our website the Monday after receiving their certificate on Friday.
Family Communication Archive: Please click here https://www.glcomets.net/ourschools/beagle-middle-school/parent-communication-archive/ to review family communications (current and previous newsletters) sent to Beagle Families.
District and Community News: To review district-wide and community news, please click here https://www.glcomets.net/parentcommunityresources/fun-things-to-do/#upcoming
- Friday, October 27th–Fall Dance 2:45 - 4:30
- Parent/Teacher Conference (via Zoom)--November 6th and 8th (4-7 p.m.) and November 10th (12-3). More information to come in subsequent newsletters.
- Friday, November 10th–Half-day for students, 7:52-10:52 am.
- Friday, November 17th–Half day for students and staff, 7:52-10:52. End of trimester.
- November 20-24th–Thanksgiving Break–No School
These are all of the updates that we wanted to pass along at this time. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.
Dave and Kelly