Grand Ledge Middle School Wrestling Expectations
Dear Parents and Student-Athletes,
Playing sports for Grand Ledge Public Schools is a privilege. Along with that privilege comes a few expectations that are to be followed in order to be a part of the Grand Ledge Middle School Wrestling Team.
As coaches, we feel very strongly that academics and behavior are the number one priority when it comes to student-athletes. We expect our students to be model students. If our expectations are not met, then the priorities of the student-athlete are not in the proper order. School needs to be the number one focus. If a student-athlete loses that focus, they will be asked to not participate and concentrate on school instead of athletics. Thank you for your support in helping hold our student-athletes to a high standard.
Coach Kurt Root
Grade Expectations: All players will be passing all classes (D- or better)
- First Offense: The student-athlete will be given one week to improve all grades to passing. If grades are not improved to passing, it will result in a one dual/tournament suspension.
- Second Offense: The student-athlete will immediately be given a one dual/tournament suspension. Grades must then be improved to passing in one week’s time.
- Third Offense: The student-athlete will be suspended for the remainder of the season (dismissal from the team).
Discipline Expectations: Students will not receive Discipline Reports or Bus Incidents that result in ISS (In-School Suspension) or OSS (Out of School Suspension).
- First Offense: The student-athlete will be given a one dual/tournament suspension.
- Second Offense: The student-athlete will be suspended for the remainder of the season (dismissal from the team).
· Note: School related behavioral issues not resulting in ISS/OSS, might also result in a dual/tournament suspension.
Athlete’s Signature: ___________________________________ Date:
Parent’s Signature: ____________________________________ Date: