Hayes Middle School 8th Grade Basketball Expectations
Dear Parents and Student-Athletes,
Playing sports for Grand Ledge Public Schools is a privilege. Along with that privilege comes a few expectations that are to be followed in order to be a part of the Hayes Middle School 8th Grade Basketball Team.
As a teacher and a coach, I feel very strongly that academics and behavior are the number one priority when it comes to student-athletes. With this in mind, these expectations are very important to me. If they cannot be followed, then the priorities of the student-athlete are not in the proper order. School needs to be the number one focus. If a student-athlete loses that focus, they will be asked to not participate and concentrate on school instead of athletics. Thank you for your support in helping Hayes Middle School hold our student-athletes to a high standard.
Grade Expectations: All players will be passing all classes (D or better)
- First Offense: The student-athlete will be given one week to improve all grades.
- Second Offense: The student-athlete will immediately be given a one game suspension. Grades must then be improved to passing in one week’s time.
- Third Offense: The student-athlete will immediately be given a two game suspension.
- Fourth Offense: The student-athlete will be suspended for the remainder of the season (dismissal from the team).
Discipline Expectations: Students will not receive Discipline Reports or Bus Incidents that result in ISS (In-School Suspension) or OSS (Out of School Suspension).
- First Offense: The student-athlete will be given a one game suspension.
- Second Offense: The student-athlete will be suspended for the remainder of the season (dismissal from the team).
· Note: School related behavioral issues not resulting in ISS/OSS, might also result in full game or partial game suspensions.
Athlete’s Signature: ___________________________________
Parent’s Signature: ____________________________________