Work-Based Learning (Co-op)
Work-based Learning (Co-op)
In order to work as a co-op student, the basic guidelines are:
- You MUST be a junior or senior on track for graduation.
- You MUST have excellent school attendance and lack of tardies.
- You MUST have previously completed a CTE course at GLHS or the Career Prep Center.
- You MUST have an up-to-date EDP on file.
- The position MUST relate to the CTE course AND the career pathway listed on your EDP.
Grand Ledge High School courses that fit co-op criteria:
- Intro to Business
- Parent/Child Development
- Any Career Prep Center class
The position and workplace must meet the following criteria:
- The workplace MUST have Worker's Disability Compesation, General Liability Insurance, and take out taxes from your pay (for paid positions).
- The position needs to professional in nature and follow all labor laws
- PAID co-op:
- If you take two classes off per school day, you must average 15 hours per week.
- If you take one class off per school day, you must average 10 hours per week.
- Your working hours must be during the classes you take off from school at least 3 days per week.
- UNPAID co-op:
- You MUST be working during your co-op scheduled class(es) every school day.
- Your work responsibilities must rotate every 45 hours.
So far so good? See Ms. Algrim for more information!!!! firstname.lastname@example.org